Of Soccer Dreams and Faith Goals

Remember one of  my old blog posts about Troy's flat-foot? (Read about it here). Because of it, the ortho-pedia that we met a few years ago told us that Troy should not participate in any sport that involves a lot of running.

Last year when we visited Troy's school, he saw some older kids playing soccer. He told me afterwards that when he grows up, he also wants to play soccer like them. I said 'why not?'.  I know that medically it may seem difficult for Troy to truly be good at soccer because of his foot. But i also believe that God is greater than any medical limitation. For all I know, maybe God introduced us to Dr Kong so that we can start correcting Troy's foot problems early on!

Ever since Troy told me his dream to play soccer, i've added it to my list of faith goals. This concept was shared with me by one of my friends. Unlike the regular goals that we set for ourselves, faith goals are those that are impossible to achieve with our current resources. It is a goal that can only be achieved through faith in the Lord.

I know that Troy's heart's desires may still change. Maybe just six months from now he'd like to play basketball or baseball instead. But either way, i would like him to have the option to play the sport that he loves. This world may give us limitations but we pray to a God who is limitless! Wonderful, isn't it?

Now, what about you? What is your faith goal?

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see"


Caths –   – (July 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM)  

thanks for sharing this Fan. I'm inspired to add a hundred and one things to my faith goals! Hope one day I will see Troy & Chris playing soccer together!

densandfan  – (July 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM)  

That will be a wonderful day, Caths! I hope Chris' legs will grow well too!

The Phenomenal Mama  – (July 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM)  

I really want to have the kind of patience that will make me a blessing to my kids. I want to be a predictably happy person, nomatter how irritating the circumstance may be. It sorta falls under faith goals for me kase mukhang di kaya ng regular goal... haha!

densandfan  – (July 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM)  

Tina, am sure you will do just fine! Ikaw pa - parang happy person ka naman talaga :)

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP