The Promise of Joy

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning"

I love that verse. For the darkest two months in my life back in 2006, i remember wondering if i will ever be happy again. I wasn't being melodramatic but that was truly the dread that i felt during those months. For those of us who have gone through severe grief, i am sure you know what i'm talking about. It's very hard to imagine being happy when you're extremely sad.

I dreaded going back to our house with the empty crib and unused clothes. I stayed away from children's parties and toy stores months after Tyler's passing. My heart broke silently as we celebrated with my family and friends on the arrival of their healthy babies. That was really a difficult time.

Then my mom shared Psalm 30:5 to me. That was my comfort and i held on to God's promise of joy each time fear and depression started to creep its way into my heart.  Twenty-two months after that sad December morning, our promise of joy came true. God blessed us with a very healthy baby boy.

Troy is now 5 years old and each time i see him, i am reminded of God's faithfulness in our lives. He is true to His promise and He will never fail us.

Some of you may be going through a difficult time right now. Some may be minor bumps on the road while others may be grave. Either way, rest assured that God is in control so long as you trust in Him. As sure as the morning comes after the night, His promise of joy will come after the sorrow.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you"

Anonymous –   – (August 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM)  

I am going through what is my most difficult phase financially. I do not know what to do, desperate is an understatement. I know your grief as I was in a situation like you. Somehow, your blog managed to lift me up and made me think that the Lord is watching over me and will not let me down despite my shortcomings. Thank you for this post...Mommy Marie

densandfan  – (August 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM)  

Hi Mommy Marie,

Thank you for leaving a note on this post. I prayed for you as soon as i read your note. After praying, i asked God for a message that i can share with you. And this is what He gave me.

Acts 14:7 "He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their season; He provides you with plenty of food and fills your heart with joy"

Be excited. His grace is abundant. His blessings are coming and you will find joy :)

Anonymous –   – (August 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM)  

Thank you so much. Your message made me cry. May God bless you and your family always...Mommy Marie

densandfan  – (August 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM)  

Thank you, Mommy Marie. Hope to meet you in person someday :) Take care

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP