Live.Love.Laugh

My husband has this friend who lives a pretty good life. When he was younger, he loves to drive fast cars and live recklessly. One day, their family driver told him 'Sir, wag nyo sayangin buhay nyo.' [Sir, don't waste your life] He went on to say that there are so many less fortunate people in the world who would be willing to trade places with him in a heartbeat.

I heard this story about ten years ago but it has been a constant reminder for me. On days when i don't feel so good because i have so many things to finish at work, or my hair is too frizzy, or traffic is just not moving...i remember the driver's comment and realize how petty my concerns are.  I worry too much most of the time.

Matthew 6:25-27
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

If God takes care of the birds in the air and grass in the field, aren't you so much more valuable?   Don't waste your life stressing about small stuff.  There must be someone, somewhere in the world who would be willing to trade places with you.

Love the life God has given you and start counting your blessings. I take a quick look at my iPhone pictures and smile...the frizzy fly-away hair isn't such a big deal after all.



Belle of Cruisin' Mommyhood  – (July 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM)  

Thanks for the reminder, Tiffany. Sometimes I focus on what I don't have rather than be thankful of what I have. I agree, live, love, laugh.

densandfan  – (July 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM)  

So easy to focus on the negatives noh? We must really have a conscious effort to focus on our blessings. Thanks, Belle

Anonymous –   – (July 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM)  

Thanks Fan! Your blogs always make sense. I like to read them because they are always neatly written and your words are never flowery. This blog is really a good nudge.-nats

densandfan  – (July 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM)  

Thanks, Nats :) I appreciate your encouragement.

Anonymous –   – (July 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM)  

Very nice post and such a great reminder =)
-Pepper

Unknown  – (February 24, 2013 at 7:12 AM)  

Thanks for reminding us to appreciate life! :D

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP