My 21-Day Challenge

They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I am not sure how accurate that theory is but i will put it to a test. Today, i am starting my own 21-day challenge that will end on June 24. I will let you know how it goes.

Habits i intend to develop:

1. Have my daily quiet time with the Lord. I try to read my devotional and bible everyday but I haven't been as diligent as i'd like to. I also have a journal where i write the messages I receive during my quiet time. It can either be quotes from my devotional or verses from the bible. I also list down things that i am grateful for as well and update my prayer request list.
Having my quiet time daily is important. It is a great time of conversation with the Lord.

2.  Exercise EVERYDAY.  I do muay thai (kickboxing) around 3 times a week. I sometimes squeeze in an hour of Yoga on some weeks but not regularly. On weekends, i play badminton but it's also very irregular. For the next 21 days, i plan to have some form of exercise every single day. On days that i can't go to the gym or badminton court, i will exercise at home.

I learned this 4-minute workout recently that is said to burn over 600 carlories. That's what i plan to do on those gym-less days. It's basically just 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push ups, and 10 lunges. Do this repeatedly for 4 minutes. You can do it too!

3. Moisturize daily. Whenever i remember to moisturize at night, my skin looks amazingly clear and soft in the morning. I know it has worked its miracle somehow overnight. This is something i need to be more diligent at if i intend to delay the signs of aging for as long as i can.

4. Sleep before 11pm. I contacted hepatitis when i was a child. And ever since, i have tried to take care of my liver by staying away from alcoholic drinks. Another way to help help strengthen my liver is to sleep before 11am. They say that the body (specifically the liver) detoxifies from 11pm to 3am. So my goal is to develop healthier sleeping habits. I think this will be the hardest to accomplish but i will try my best.

5. No colored drinks. I love iced teas! Especially during this hot summer weather - it's always so refreshing. But i also know that iced tea contains a lot of unhealthy liquid calories. Water is still best. I will stay away from colored drinks (i.e. iced tea, artificial juices, coffee, milk tea) for the next 21 days.

Go on and develop your own good habits. Start your own 21-day challenge today!

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP