I Love You No Matter What

A few Sundays ago, I was talking to Troy about controlling his anger. He got into a fight with one of his friends during Sunday school. They were able to immediately patch things up but I still had to sit him down for a talk.  During our discussion, I asked him if he understood what i was telling him. He said he did. He went on to say 'It's not good to fight noh, Mom? Jesus will be sad if i keep on fighting.' So i nodded and he continued. 'I will not fight na next time.  Diba, Mom, you will also be sad if i get hurt?' So i said 'Yes, of course. Do you know why?' then he said 'Yes, because you love me'.  Then i took the opportunity to prod further. I asked 'How about when Mom gets really angry and spanks you? Do you think i still love you?' Then he answered 'Yes, you just spank me sometimes because you want me to learn. I know you love me naman'

That surely warmed my heart. It has always been my goal to discipline our children with love. I stand by the concept that if you don't show enough love to your child, then you should not be the one to discipline. They will just take it as a punishment and not effectively learn from it. They will grow up hurt and resentful rather than loved and confident.

I like my children to know that their dad and i will love them no matter what. They are not perfect kids and they will commit mistakes. I want them to have the courage to speak to us, knowing that we will always deal with them with love.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."




Chesca  – (June 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM)  

"I stand by the concept that if you don't show enough love to your child, then you should not be the one to discipline."

I like this :)

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP