My Top 5 Running Gears

Running, generally, is pretty cheap. All you need is a pair of running shoes and you're set. You don't even need any gym membership. But sometimes we need a few things that can help us sustain the race. Here are my top 5 essential running gears:
  • Running Shoes - I currently use Inov-8 barefoot running shoes but have been eyeing the Nike Free too. I prefer less bulk when I run so barefoot shoes are the best choice for me. They are lighter and more flexible. If you are looking to buy your first pair, I suggest you go to any RUNNR store to do a Gait Analysis.  The analysis is free of charge and can determine the best shoe type for your feet.  
  • iPhone - I use my trusty iPhone to listen to music and podcast during my run. It's also a good tool to monitor your distance and time. I use the Runkeeper app for GPS and stats. Maybe next time i can upgrade to the Apple watch but we'll see.
    apple.com
  • Running Belt or Armband - You can choose between an armband or Running Belt to put your phone in. I personally prefer a running belt because I have an iPhone6 and I find it too bulky for my arms. My favorite brand so far is Fitletic since it fits well and does not budge when I run.
Fitletic.com
  • Good earphones - I personally like Jabra Wave because it's wireless and the fit is very comfortable for long-wearing. I recently saw Jabra Rox Wireless Earbuds which I really like so maybe that's going to be my next target. 
    Jabra Wave (Jabra.com)
  • Hydration Bottle - Some people do away with water bottles and just rely on hydration stations prepared by the organizer. I do this for shorter runs like 3k or 5k. But for my recent 10k, i brought my hydration bottle with me. I like it because when I start running, I don't want to keep stopping for water as it breaks my momentum. The hydration bottle allows me to continue running while keeping myself well hydrated. I am currently using Fuel Belt single bottle. It's small enough to easily hold but holds a good 10oz of water.
    Fuelbelt.com
Of course you can also just do away with everything that I mentioned above and just run free. It's all a matter of personal preference and whatever works best for you. The most important thing is just to take that first step. Now, get started and keep moving.






Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP