The Making of My #MYOH2014

Are you hooked on Havaianas?

Through the years, I have had a few pairs of Havaianas - a pair i bought years ago just to see what the fuss is all about, another pair from the US, and a pair given to my daughter as a gift.  The truth is, I was never really hooked. I still thought it was too pricey for a pair of rubber flip flops.

Then came the invite to check out this year's Make Your Own Havaianas (#MYOH2014). There has always been so much excitement around this event year after year so i decided to see what the rave is all about.

The theme, of course, was Brazillian.  Upon entering the venue, you can already feel a fun vibe in the air. There were four color wheels with rubber soles, straps and pins that you can play around to mix and match.
After i checked the order forms, we immediately stationed ourselves near the assembly area where the colorful rubber soles and straps await.
Photo from @havaianasphils
Rubber soles
Straps

There were so much pretty food plus fun entertainment
Football exhibition
Brazillian ribbons
Party party!
 

Then the assemblers danced in and began working on our orders.

My pair was done in about 5 minutes!

There was an overflowing sense of excitement when I got my first MYOH pair. I know it's probably psychological but it felt oh-so-comfortable and just so pretty on my feet!
For P900+ a pair, it did not seem too expensive anymore. I wanted to go back and customize my old pairs with pins too. After just a little over 2 hours of Brazillian-loving at the #MYOH2014 event, i was officially hooked.

Make Your Own Havaianas will be open to the public from May 8 - May 11, 2014. Visit the Glorietta Activity Center to check out your style options - entrance is free! Go and get yourself hooked!

#MYOH2014
Photo courtesy of @applesanddumplings


Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP