Paddington Bear is Now at GAP!

photo from amazon
Do you know Paddington Bear?

I had a Paddington Bear with a red raincoat growing up. I got him as a gift one Christmas and immediately fell in love. I later on received another one with the blue jacket and kept both of them until i got married and had to give them away.

I have never really read the story of Paddington Bear but i love his
jacket and how classic he is. A few Saturdays ago, the SoMoms were invited to a story telling by Project Mom authors, Amanda Griffin-Jacob and Bianca Araneta-Elizalde, to launch the Paddington Bear collection at GAP Philippines.

I did a bit of research on Paddington Bear's history and here are tidbits of what i found:
  • He first appeared on October 13, 1958
  • The story book was written by Michael Bond and illustrated by Peggy Fortnum
  • The fictional character is an immigrant bear from Peru (that explains the suitcase he always lugs around)
  • Discovered in Paddington Station (hence, his name) in London by the Brown family who adopted him later on
  • Paddington Bear is always polite and addresses people as "Mr", "Mrs", and "Miss"
  • He has an endless capacity for getting into trouble but is known to "try so hard to get things right"

True to the iconic character, the pieces for this collection is so chic and classy!  From the basic red and blue colors to the classic duffle coat, every piece stayed true to the Paddington style.
I love love love that blue duffle coat on the upper left picture. I wish they have it in my size!

Amanda and Bianca reading an excerpt from the Paddington Bear storybook
Michelle, Cai, me & Tin
Time to visit GAP stores now!  Check out the Paddington collection for your little ones. You can see a list of the store locations here - http://international.gapinc.com/gap/ph/en/store-locator

Happy shopping, everyone!




Anonymous –   – (June 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM)  

Hi there! I hope you remember me. How do I get in touch with you? Do you have an email address? Thank you....Mommy Marie

Anonymous –   – (June 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM)  

Hi! I emailed you through the email address listed on the "contact me" portion of your blog. Hope you can reply. Thank you....Mommy Marie

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP