Increase Your Faith!

As with most parents, I felt really concerned and disturbed about last weekend's school shooting. Before going to bed on Sunday night, I started to think about the implications of sending our son to a 'big' school next year. I researched frantically about the school's security and even looked up on homeschooling options. Needless to say, i felt anxious and stressed and I almost lost sleep over it. I finally fell asleep at 2am.

Then i had a dream. I dreamt that a lady approached me (i wasn't sure if it was my sister or a stranger) and told me that she had a message from the Lord. She said 'The Lord wants me to tell you to increase your faith'  - and then i woke up!

I wondered about the dream for a few minutes as i've never really had any dream before with a clear message from the Lord. Then i remembered my worries the night before about my child's school options. So i prayed and asked God if my dream was really a message from Him. Did He really want me to be still? Is He asking me to just go with the plan (i.e. school of choice) and increase my faith? I prayed and asked God to send me a confirmation of His message.  So I opened my devotion for that day and saw God's confirmation.
I was anxious for nothing. I should have known that right from the start of our school hunting days that God has made his choice to me very clear. I was just being stubborn and fretting unecessarily because of my own desires and worries. God reminded me to trust Him and to 'Increase my faith' in Him. Sometimes, all of us need that reminder, don't we?

Whatever you're going through right now, increase your faith in Him. Worry is not of the Lord. Trust that He will see you through.

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP