Dens' Biggest Fan

I remember when i started blogging in my multiply site (http://densfan.multiply.com) back in 2007, one of my friends, who did not know at that time that my nickname at home is Fan, thought i created the name of my site to mean i am a fan of Dens. I remember laughing and thinking she must have thought I was this lovestruck woman, crazy in love with her man.  Then i thought again...well yeah, maybe she's right. Maybe i am Dens' fan.  I became his wife in 2004 and earned bragging rights for the million and one things i admire about him.

If you asked me 3 years ago, i would have told you that i am Dens' biggest fan. But i was overtaken by an even more avid fan the past couple of years when i gave birth to our little Troy.

Troy adores his father. He loves to imitate and do things that Dens does. Here are 5 things that Troy loves to do with Dens.

(1) Wear the same clothes.

Troy loves it when he is wearing the same outfit as Dens. I remember last year when he was 2 years old, he saw a pair of shoes that resembled Dens' Adidas classics. To the amusement of the saleslady, Troy told her 'I want to buy the papa shoes". So after we went to check out designs from other stores, i went back to Adidas and the saleslady asked 'ma'am, kunin nyo na yung papa shoes? (ma'am, are you going to get the papa shoes already?)

So here's Troy and Papa in their 'papa shoes' :)
(2) Play basketball

Dens loves playing basketball. He is pretty good at it especially when being cheered by his biggest fan. Each time Troy gets to watch a game, you would see him wearing his own mini version of Dens' uniform and filling the gym with shouts of 'Go, Papa, Go!'.

Troy doing pre-game stretching exercises with Dens

(3) Be "Handy Manny"

One of the things that Dens loves to do is fix things. I think he was on the right track when he took up Mechanical Engineering in college. He loves to fix everything that is not functioning as it should. From bikes to cars to leaking faucets. He is indeed our Handy Manny at home.

As you would expect, Troy has his own set of tools and readily brings them out whenever he sees Dens fixing stuff. He loves to help in his own cute little way.

Here are some Handy Manny moments at home.
Fixing one of Troy's bikes back in 2010
Tightening the chains of Troy's big bike a few weeks ago
Fixing a leak in the kitchen
(4) Swim

When Dens was younger, he was part of a swim team doing tournaments regularly. To our delight, Troy is also such a water baby ever since.
Balai Isabel
We enrolled Troy in swim school last summer and he learned to swim underwater by himself. Check out his swimming video in Boracay taken a few months ago.
(5) ...and just about anything else

Troy decided he'd rather push his stroller than sit in them when we started bringing Dawn's stroller to the malls. Guess why?
Boys with wheels
Today we celebrate two occasions that compliment each other. Today is thanksgiving and also my loving husband's birthday.

Love, i am grateful each and everyday to God for blessing me with you...and for blessing my children with a father they can be proud of. You are God's answers to my prayers.

I love you more than you know.

Your first 'fan'
Disney 2011

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP