My First Painting Project at Sip & Gogh

I am not an artist. I love to draw since I was a child but compared to my sister and some friends, it will be very embarrassing to claim that I am good at it. So when my sister told me about a painting studio that opened a couple of years ago, I was curious but not entirely excited.  I was probably more enticed by the thought of drinking wine while chatting with my seatmates. #FeelingSosyal
 
Then last month happened.  My office mates and I decided to give it a shot since the company was sponsoring.  We booked our session online and met one Tuesday afternoon in the Kapitolyo branch.
When booking online, make sure to check if your slot is for an Open Session, which means that you can choose your own project, OR if your session comes with a theme. Read the FAQ to learn more about what happens in a session.
 
Each package comes with a drink and some appetizers. Only guests 18 years old and above may order alcoholic beverages. Speaking of which, they accept guests as young as 5 years old! I am not so sure if  5-year old daughter will be able to successfully do a project on her own though.  It was seriously a bit challenging for me!  But the folks at Sip & Gogh seem pretty confident that she can do it.  I am still contemplating if it is worth trying for P1,000 per session.
People say that painting is therapeutic and relaxing. I can understand how that is true for people who know what they are doing. But for amateur folks like me, it was so stressful trying to figure out if I was doing it correctly. Not so say that I did not have fun, it was just not as relaxing as I thought it would be. I was stress-eating my cheese platter and finished it 1/4 into my project.
Overall I would say it's worth checking out. I might do it again but maybe do an open session this time. Let's see if it indeed gets sweeter the second time around.
 
Sip & Gogh Kapitolyo
2/F ACE Hotel and Suites, United St. cor Brixton St.
Kapitolyo, Pasig City, Philippines
 
Landline Number: +632 632 0069
Mobile Number: +632 977 804 4384

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP