The Gift of Heaven

Troy and I had a pretty unusual conversation the other day.

We were watching TV in our bedroom when he suddenly asked me what hell is like. So I told him it's not a nice place. I went on to describe it based on what I know from the Bible but not in so much detail. I told him the worst part about being in hell is that you are not with the Lord. Then he said "I don't want to go to hell, mommy"  I told him he doesn't have to be afraid. I quickly reminded him of how he has already accepted Jesus into his heart (read about that here).  Then he asked  "Am I going to heaven when I'm really really really old already?"  I felt that he is too young to fully grasp the concept of mortality so I didn't want to complicate things. I just said yes.

After that, he went back to watching TV but I saw that he was tearing up. I asked if he was crying. Then he looked at me and said "mommy, i don't want to go to heaven."  This caught me offguard so I asked him what's wrong. He started to cry some more and said "I only want to stay here in the yellow house (that's what we call our house) with you and papa!" Then i started to cry. I told him not to worry about that since we will all be together in heaven when the day comes. That's the gift of eternal life.

I've always heard of 'eternal life' but I honestly didn't really appreciate the concept of living forever.  When I was young, I remember I accepted the Lord just because I didn't want to go to hell. Now that I think about it, heaven is truly a gift, isn't it? It's God's gift for us to live forever in a beautiful place with Him and our saved loved ones.

The more I think about it, the more I am amazed at God's thoughtfulness. He thought of me and all other mothers out there who dread the earthly separation that this life eventually brings. He gave us the option to have our children in heaven with us forever - we just need to share God's wonderful love with them.

Thank you, Lord, for thinking of me and my family. You continue to amaze me! I love you!

Pray with your kids and ask Jesus to come into your hearts and be the Lord of your lives. It's very simple.

Here are some FAQs about salvation http://www.kidsbibleinfo.com/article/131/topics/s/salvation.

Please feel free to leave me a note in the comments section if you have any question. You can include your mobile number or email address and I will be in touch. This is the best gift you can share with your family.


Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM)  

hi fan, funny, i had this conversation with dani the other night too. she asked me what hell was and i also went on to explain...kids ask the most interesting things :) - caths

densandfan  – (May 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM)  

realy? haha! so true about kids asking the most interesting things. I don't even know what triggered his question since we were watching something totally unrelated.

see you saturday! :)

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP