Miracles Abound...

Yetserday i received an email from my sister-in-law of a video showing the life of a little baby girl that was born with a lot of congenital problems. I watched the video and my heart ached as i was reminded of what we went through with Tyler. But more than anything, what struck me most in the video was that the little baby in the NICU had an older brother.

You can watch the story of baby Kelsey Nicole Dinger here.

I remember after we lost Tyler, one of my very good friends asked me to join an online forum for moms who have lost their babies. I read a lot of similar stories but most of them had older children other than the one that was lost. I remember thinking it was surely more painful for us since Tyler was our first. Not only did we lose our son but we also lost the dream of becoming parents that year.

As i watched the video, i saw how the little boy looked so excited at the birth of his new sibling. I watched pictures of him watching the baby, probably wondering why there were so many tubes on his little sister's body.  I watched how he held her in his arms and how he smiled proudly that he is now a big brother. All i could think about was Troy and how excited he is with his new baby sister now.  My heart broke into a  million pieces as i was hoping (and maybe subconsciously praying) that the video would show a happy ending. It did. The little baby girl miraculously survived. Thank you, Lord!

Now i'm not so sure anymore if losing your first-born is indeed more painful. I thought about those moms in the forum who shared similar experiences.  I thought of how they will have to sit down and explain to their children that their baby brother/sister won't be coming home after all.  The idea of breaking your little child's heart is another difficult experience all  by itself.

This was an eye opener for me. It made me realize that each of us has our own story to tell.  We live our lives thinking other people have it better than us only to realize later on that the grass is indeed not always greener on the other side.

Trust God's plans. The parents of Kelsey experienced God's miracle when Kelsey lived and showed no signs of brain damage. God granted us His miracle when our sorrow was replaced with joy at the birth of our two very healthy children. God's plans are best. His timing is perfect.

Philippians 4:19 "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." (NLT)

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP