>> Thursday, May 29, 2014 – Classic, Collection, fashion, GAP, GAP Philippines, Kids Fashion, Paddington Bear, Toys
|photo from amazon|
I had a Paddington Bear with a red raincoat growing up. I got him as a gift one Christmas and immediately fell in love. I later on received another one with the blue jacket and kept both of them until i got married and had to give them away.
I have never really read the story of Paddington Bear but i love his
jacket and how classic he is. A few Saturdays ago, the SoMoms were invited to a story telling by Project Mom authors, Amanda Griffin-Jacob and Bianca Araneta-Elizalde, to launch the Paddington Bear collection at GAP Philippines.
I did a bit of research on Paddington Bear's history and here are tidbits of what i found:
- He first appeared on October 13, 1958
- The story book was written by Michael Bond and illustrated by Peggy Fortnum
- The fictional character is an immigrant bear from Peru (that explains the suitcase he always lugs around)
- Discovered in Paddington Station (hence, his name) in London by the Brown family who adopted him later on
- Paddington Bear is always polite and addresses people as "Mr", "Mrs", and "Miss"
- He has an endless capacity for getting into trouble but is known to "try so hard to get things right"
True to the iconic character, the pieces for this collection is so chic and classy! From the basic red and blue colors to the classic duffle coat, every piece stayed true to the Paddington style.
|I love love love that blue duffle coat on the upper left picture. I wish they have it in my size!|
|Amanda and Bianca reading an excerpt from the Paddington Bear storybook|
|Michelle, Cai, me & Tin|
Happy shopping, everyone!